This blog ...


"We're playing a wargame not making a documentary." 26/1/'14
The Cardinal's 3rd paradox of wargaming .

Please feel free to contact me via email through the profile page..

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Well over on the Rum Corp Tavern.....(The Washing Part 1)

...there is a bit of talk about washes and the like and I frankly and wholeheartedly  think that the current craze for washing is an example of  a process being substituted for ability..and I also feel that many of the "final" product look murky and  muddy and rather crap.Here is the link
http://ozwargaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3837
In the RCT debate, if it can be thought of as such ,it seems that some have understood me to be anti wash..well I am anti murk and and anti  poor standards. I love wash ..I use it all the time but I never ever mistake it for  being a substitute for  care and patience so here I begin a  bit of "a Reply " to those on the RCT who don't seem to "get " what I am saying.
I will post here the first of  number of pictures that will , hopefully, elucidate my methods, and perhaps help others to climb from the mud....Below the stuff blocked in with  colours that are only to be washed in brown .
and now the washing , with Vallejo sepia tone , begins...
more to come as the re-setting begins..

No comments:

Post a Comment