This blog ...


"We're playing a wargame not making a documentary." 26/1/'14
The Cardinal's 3rd paradox of wargaming .

Please feel free to contact me via email through the profile page..

Thursday 18 February 2010

OK being a know all smart arse time..

...again some might say but  as Oscar Wilde remarked," There us only one thing  yadda yadda yadda.."
and if you have made it this far you may profit from the experience.
As many of you  may have had  the  experience with your GW paints where  you often reach a point where  the moisture content is low and the paint is growing solid , still a bit damp but not nice and smooth like a new little tub is..so you sort of work it a bit then buy a new tub..OR  ,and now a bit of a digression into a techno sort of babble,  you suffer the slings and arrows,  downcast looks and smirks of your chums when you extol your paint shaker..you know those chums who smirk and then tell you they don't like Vallejo  baby crap brown because "it is too thin",,well I have  a Robart s paint shaker , and all the extra do dads so you can use it 240v in Australia , those American plugs look very dorky..
http://www.robart.com/store/hobby-tools/paint-shakers  is the place where you can see one
As a matter of course I use it to  shake all those tear dropper and flip top  paints in the shaker  for around 4 minutes before I first use them  ... but as forshadowed tales of my common sense are a digression here
so returning to the GW thing..well I stir in a little bit of Windex window cleaner not too much and not too stirred, then I  shake for 5 minutes , which is around 25.000 shakes, and wacko..if you haven't put in too much window cleaner you now have a really rejuvenated  GW colour..I have  done the Lazarus thing with about 20 pots so far and  it is a great help and something of a saving....my oldest pots are around 4 1/2 years old and they have come pack  very well, a little thinner but I thin anyway ..so ...
 
here is my much sniggered at little paint shaker.. and a hard little worker it is..

No comments:

Post a Comment